Christian News >>
- 6 Police Officers Arrested for Beating Christian Teen to Death in Pakistan, Activists SaySix police officers in Pakistan have been arrested and charged with murder after they allegedly beat to death a Pakistani Christian teenager earlier this month, according to human rights advocates.
- Chinese House Church Leaders and Toddler Arrested After Singing in Public ParkA Chinese house church pastor, her daughter, and her young grandson have been arrested, weeks after being accused of overstepping the country’s newly tightened religious restrictions.
- Christian Persecution Hits All-Time High Worldwide: ReportThe persecution of Christians is now "worse than at any time in history," according to a report by the Catholic charity Aid to the Church in Need, which states that not only are Christians more persecuted than any other faith group, they are also experiencing the worst forms of persecution.
- 7 Dead as ISIS Radicals Attack Church, Bank in Egypt With Grenades and RiflesAt least seven people were killed after suspected Islamic State terror group radicals attacked a bank and the Church of Saint George in El-Arish, Egypt. The militants were seen waving their black flags through the streets in celebration.
- Coptic Orthodox priest stabbed to death in Cairo, Bishop Angaelos laments 'negligence and injustice'A Coptic Orthodox priest has been stabbed to death in Cairo, Egypt. The head of the Coptic Orthodox Church in the UK has decried what he said was the injustice surrounding the crime.
- Mass Trials of Over 6,600 Boko Haram Suspects Accused of Slaughtering Christians, Children BeginThe mass trials of over 6,600 suspects believed to be members of Islamic radical group Boko Haram have begun in Nigeria, and are being carried out in secret by civilian court judges at a military facility in Kainji town.
U.S News >>
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job MarketFilings for unemployment benefits plunged last week to the lowest level since 1973 as workers affected by hurricanes Harvey and Irma continued to return to their jobs, Labor Department figures showed Thursday.
- Senate paves the way for tax reform by passing a budgetThe Senate passed a 2018 budget resolution late Thursday that will serve as the vehicle for comprehensive tax reform, the Republican Party's top legislative goal.
- US judge orders government to allow abortion for undocumented teenA 17-year-old immigrant who was detained after entering the country illegally should not be 'obstructed' by government officials from having an abortion, a US federal judge ruled on Wednesday in Washington DC.
- Hawaiian judge blocks latest version of Trump's travel banA federal judge in Hawaii has blocked President Trump’s revised travel ban – just hours before it was expected to go into effect across the United States.
- Trump dismantles Obama’s ‘imperial’ presidency, rescinds dubious ordersDemocrats are attacking President Trump for 'dismantling' President Obama’s legacy on everything from Obamacare subsidies to immigration amnesty, but nobody knew better than Mr. Obama how vulnerable his go-it-alone agenda would be if Mr. Trump won the election.
- Trump Administration: Life Begins at ConceptionThe Department of Health and Human Services has published a draft of a new strategic plan that states in its introduction that life begins at conception.
World News >>
- North Korea 'months' away from capability to nuke US, CIA Director Mike Pompeo saysNorth Korea could acquire the ability to deliver a nuclear weapon to the United States within "months," a top American spy official said Thursday.
- Terrorist groups planning another 9/11-style attack, top US official warnsIslamic State and other terrorist groups are planning to target aircraft as they aim to carry out another major attack on the scale of 9/11, a top US security official has said.
- Haley to UN Security Council: Don't turn a blind eye to IranThe UN Security Council must not ignore Iran's aggressive behavior, its ballistic missile testing and its violation of this body's resolutions regarding its military activity, US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said on Wednesday.
- ISIS cleared from Syria's RaqqaUS-backed militias have completely taken Syria's Raqqa from ISIS, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said on Tuesday.
- US Navy Seals tasked with North Korea 'decapitation' strike could be part of exercisesA unit of US special forces tasked with carrying out 'decapitation' operations may be aboard a nuclear-powered submarine docked in the South Korean port of Busan, the nation’s newswire reported on Monday, citing a defense source.
- Ophelia: Ireland recovers from worst storm on record that killed threeThree people are dead and hundreds of thousands still without power following the worst storm in recorded history on the island of Ireland.