Christian News >>
- Christians in India Arrested, Beaten by Hindu Extremists After Praying for Sick ManSeven Christians in India have been booked on charges of hurting religious feelings after Hindu extremists savagely beat them when they gathered to pray for a sick man at his home, sources said.
- Franklin Graham Holds Rare Crusade in Vietnam, Says Communist Gov't Is Warming Toward ChristianityEvangelist Franklin Graham said that multitudes responded to Jesus Christ during his two-day evangelistic crusade in Vietnam, and argued that the Communist government there is starting to warm up to Christianity.
- Hindu Extremists Beat Pastors, Stop Gospel Event in IndiaBerating and slapping two pastors into signing an apology letter before police, Hindu extremists stopped a planned three-day gospel meeting in Chhattisgarh state, India minutes before it was to begin, sources said.
- Christian in Uganda Who Lost Family to Muslims Beaten UnconsciousA former sheikh (Islamic teacher) in eastern Uganda has been in hiding since he lost his family for putting his faith in Christ two years ago, but last month he was tricked into a life-threatening encounter.
- After More Than 20 Years: Egyptian Churches Finally Allowed to RebuildAfter waiting more than two decades, churches in Egypt finally are allowed to rebuild their houses of worship, according to World Watch Monitor.
- Kidnappings, Threats of Massacre Terrorize Christians in Kano State, NigeriaWhen the 50-year-old church elder and leader of Kano state’s Samaila village heard gunshots shortly before midnight, he rushed out of his house to try to find security agents.
U.S News >>
- Firefighter dies battling Calif. blaze, now 4th-largest in state historyA Cal Fire engineer died Thursday while battling the Thomas fire in steep terrain in the hills outside Fillmore, officials said.
- Federal Reserve raises interest rates for third time in 2017With the labor market strengthening and economic activity rising at a solid rate, the Federal Reserve on Wednesday announced the third rate-hike of the year.
- Republicans strike deal on tax packageRepublican negotiators on Wednesday said they’ve managed to strike a deal on a $1.4 trillion tax-cut package and that they’ll be prepared to send it to President Trump’s desk next week.
- Democrat Doug Jones defeats Roy Moore in Alabama race upsetIn a stunning victory aided by scandal, Democrat Doug Jones won Alabama’s special Senate election on Tuesday, beating back history, an embattled Republican opponent and President Donald Trump, who urgently endorsed GOP rebel Roy Moore despite a litany of sexual misconduct allegations.
- Firefighters wrestle to control massive California wildfireAn out-of-control California wildfire that has already destroyed nearly 700 homes in its path of destruction crept closer to the upscale hillside community of Montecito on Tuesday despite calmer winds that slowed its progress.
- Trump wants Congress to fix ‘lax’ immigration after NY attackUS President Donald Trump said Monday that a bomb attack by a 27-year-old from Bangladesh on New York’s subway system underscored the 'urgent need' for Congress to enact immigration reform.
World News >>
- US presents ‘undeniable’ evidence Iran arming Yemen’s rebels with missilesUS President Donald Trump’s envoy to the United Nations unveiled Thursday what she said was 'undeniable' evidence proving that Iran is funneling missiles to Houthi rebels in Yemen in violation of international law.
- US jets fire warning flares as Russian planes enters Syria buffer zoneTwo US fighter jets on Wednesday fired warning flares after two Russian jets entered a buffer zone intended to keep Russian and US-led coalition forces operating over Syria apart.
- Muslim leaders call on world to recognize East Jerusalem as Palestinian capitalMuslim leaders on Wednesday condemned U.S. President Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and called on the world to respond by recognizing East Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine.
- Putin declares victory against 'terrorists' in SyriaRussian President Vladimir Putin declared victory against 'terrorists' in Syria on Monday during a surprise visit to a Russian military base in the county, where he also announced a partial pullout of Russian troops.
- May hails new optimism in Brexit talks after dealPrime Minister Theresa May will hail 'a new sense of optimism' in Brexit talks on Monday, telling parliament Britain and the European Union should sign off on a deal at a summit this week 'to move forwards together' to discuss future trade ties.
- Iraq holds victory parade after defeating Islamic StateAn Iraqi military parade in Baghdad’s heavily fortified Green Zone celebrated final victory over Islamic State on Sunday, with Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi looking on as troops marched in formation, their bodies spelling 'victory day' in Arabic.