Christian News >>
- Underground Churches in North Korea GrowingChristianity is spreading in North Korea as more North Koreans are rejecting the regime of Kim Jung-un and searching for faith a defector told The Telegraph.
- Pentecostal church in Ethiopia told to close after it was attacked by mobA Pentecostal church in Ethiopia has been ordered to stop meeting in a residential area, in the wake of a mob attack on the church, after which a church member was arrested for illegal activities that incited religious clashes.
- Russia's Crackdown on Evangelism Leads to Prosecution of Mostly Christians 1 Year After 'Anti-Missionary' LawEvangelical Protestants make up the majority of the 181 cases prosecuted by Russian authorities under the country's notorious 'anti-missionary' laws, which came into force last July, according to a report. Christians were also prosecuted in Crimea, which Russia occupied in 2014.
- Christian Persecution in India Hits Record High in First Half of 2017As reported earlier this year, the first quarter of 2017 saw 248 persecution incidents wherein Christians were harassed, threatened or attacked for their faith in India. More recent records indicate the number of incidents in first six months of 2017 is now up to 410 incidents. This represents an enormous increase in persecution as there were only 441 incide […]
- North Korea is executing, torturing and enslaving those who practice religion, US says in new reportThe North Korean regime has continued to position itself as one of the world's worst persecutors of the religious, torturing and killing people who practice their faith, according to a State Department report released Tuesday.
- State Government in India Passes Anti-Conversion Bill Despite Widespread OppositionInternational Christian Concern (ICC) has learned that the Jharkhand Assembly, a state legislative body in northeastern India, passed the Jharkhand Freedom of Religion Bill-2017, also known as 'Jharkhand Dharma Swatantra Adhiniyam,' on Saturday, August 12. The bill will now be sent to the governor, following whose approval it would go to the presid […]
U.S News >>
- Boston march against right-wing rally draws thousandsTens of thousands of anti-racism protesters have opposed the "Free Speech" rally in the US city of Boston that featured right-wing speakers.
- Millions of Americans to gaze upon Monday's once-in-a-lifetime eclipseTwilight will fall at midday on Monday, stars will glimmer and birds will roost in an eerie stillness as millions of Americans and visitors witness the first total solar eclipse to traverse the United States from coast to coast in 99 years.
- Trump's Evangelical Advisers Respond to Calls for Them to Abandon Him: It Would Be 'Immoral'Jack Graham, pastor of the Dallas-area, 40,000-member Prestonwood Baptist Church, told CP in a Friday phone interview that the group of evangelical pastors and leaders is now called The Faith Leaders Initiative, and that they are not an official council or government body. They function in a primarily pastoral and spiritual capacity even as they do have the […]
- 'There's a new sheriff in town': Inside Steve Bannon's ousterPresident Trump's decision to remove Steve Bannon, his chief strategist, came after a period of internal and external pressure to part ways with the controversial figure, and it was no coincidence that the move happened just a few weeks into the tenure of chief of staff John Kelly, White House aides and allies said.
- U.S. Hiding Key Details of Mystery Attacks on American Diplomats in CubaThe number of U.S. government personnel targeted by a mysterious illness in Cuba last year is greater than the Trump administration has publicly acknowledged, according to multiple U.S. officials who told the Washington Free Beacon the Obama administration may have misled Congress about the full scope and nature of the attack.
- Trump Administration Calls to End Marketing of 3-Parent Embryo ExperimentsThe Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has demanded a fertility doctor halt all marketing on an unapproved IVF experiment that creates a human embryo by combining DNA from three separate people.
World News >>
- Lebanon, Hezbollah and Syria launch two-pronged attack on ISISLebanese troops launched an offensive against the Islamic State (IS) group Saturday close to the Syrian border where the extremists have been active for several years.
- Russia hopes Iran won't withdraw from nuclear dealRussian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said on Wednesday he hoped that Iran would not quit the nuclear agreement it reached in 2015 with world powers, Reuters reported.
- Iran building missile factory in SyriaA report on Channel 2 on August 15 provided images of a military construction site from an Israeli satellite near Qalaat Marqab. The report said this is likely a factory to build long-range missiles. The area the factory is constructed in near the border of the Tartus and Latakia governorates is one that is closely linked to other military facilities of the […]
- During Solar Eclipse, U.S. Military Plans Korean War GamesThe annual Ulchi-Freedom Guardian exercise is scheduled for 10 days beginning Aug. 21, and will include about 25,000 U.S. troops along with tens of thousands of South Koreans. The exercise focuses on defending South Korea against an attack from the north, and each year triggers threats and rebukes from North Korea. But it comes at an especially sensitive tim […]
- Terrorist in van turns sunny Spanish afternoon into horrific bloodbathA white van mowed down dozens of people eating ice cream, window-shopping and enjoying the summer sunshine on one of Barcelona’s busiest streets Thursday afternoon, the latest vehicle turned weapon terrorist attack in Europe but the first in Spain.
- China and India are reportedly preparing for full-scale war over a Himalayan border disputeChinese and Indian troops are readying themselves for a possible armed conflict in the event they fail in their efforts to achieve a peaceful resolution to their border dispute on the Doklam plateau in the Himalayas, observers said.